Keen to learn.
Eager to move ahead.
You can do both when you’re an Aviva apprentice. With the ability to gain professional qualifications while learning on the job and earning a proper salary as you do, our programmes offer the perfect way to launch an exciting new career.
There are many different routes you can follow; at Aviva, we’re proud to be different. Proud to say that we’re a diverse mix of cultures, genders, ages, perspectives, and ideas, and proud of the rich and varied opportunities we offer. Our apprentices and trainees come from all walks of life and age groups and thrive in the challenges and experiences at Aviva.
Forget number crunching. Accounting at Aviva is more about problem solving and strategic thinking. Build a career that goes beyond numbers, helping us make the right decisions for our business and customers.
Customers contact us to make all kinds of claims on their insurance, and we’ll teach you how to take care of them. A career with us here is all about building strong and trusting relationships. So if you’re a real people person, this could be the path for you.
How we use data to better serve customers and make smarter business decisions will be essential to our success over the next ten years. You can be at the heart of it all.
As an insurance company, managing risk is at the heart of everything we do. So if you’ve got an analytical mind and a talent for communication, this could be an ideal opportunity to make a big impact.
Are you ready to see where your strengths can take you? To be empowered to do great work and shape what Aviva does with technology and change? Choose one of three pathways to an exciting future.
Our Underwriting teams are crucial to the services we provide to our customers. Join us as an apprentice here and you will get to learn from some of the most skilled insurance professionals in the industry.
Managing risk is vital for both our customers’ peace of mind and the long-term success of our business. Work and learn within our skilled teams, to support the way we deliver risk management across our business.
Our apprenticeships are based in some of the UK’s most vibrant cities, all of which are great places to live and work. Find out more on each programme’s pages.
Who better to give you the low-down on what life is like as an Aviva apprentice, than the people who have been there and done it for themselves? You’ll meet some of our team on the programme pages.
If you’re thinking about applying for one of our apprenticeships or trainee programmes, we’re sure you have a lot of questions. Below are the most common questions we’re asked by people applying to Aviva. We hope the responses give you the information you need.
In short, a brilliant mix of real-life experience and study. Spending part of your time working and learning on the job, and the rest studying for professional qualifications (paid for by us), an Aviva apprenticeship offers a perfect step into a new career.
There are so many! With an apprenticeship, you have the chance to gain professional qualifications (some to degree level), while getting invaluable hands-on experience, and earning a salary as you do. And as they’re open to people of all ages, they’re a fantastic way for anyone to enter a new career.
As you’d expect, this varies between our apprenticeships and training programmes. Typically, you will spend 80% of your time on the job, with the other 20% of your working week dedicated to your studies. You’ll find details on each of the programme pages.
Our apprentices are permanent right from day one. When your apprenticeship comes to an end, you’ll have professional qualifications relevant to your role, which you can continue to build on. You may decide you want to go on to study for another apprenticeship at a higher level, or you might want to take a breather from formal learning, either way we will work with you to help you decide on your next steps.
Both apprentices and trainees learn on the job. The main difference is how your off-the-job learning is delivered. On an apprenticeship, you’ll receive training and support from an external training provider to help you work towards your qualifications. As a trainee, you’ll follow an internal development programme that will help you achieve an industry-recognised diploma.