Keen to learn.
Eager to move ahead.
You can do both when you’re an Aviva apprentice. With the ability to gain professional qualifications while learning on the job and earning a proper salary as you do, our programmes offer the perfect way to launch an exciting new career.
Applications for all of our programmes have now closed, please keep checking back for opportunities later in the year.
There are many different routes you can follow; at Aviva, we’re proud to be different. Proud to say that we’re a diverse mix of cultures, genders, ages, perspectives and ideas, and proud of the rich and varied opportunities we offer. Our apprentices come from all walks of life and age groups and thrive in the challenges and experiences at Aviva.
Are you ready to see where your strengths can take you? To be empowered to do great work and shape what Aviva does with technology? Choose one of four pathways to an exciting future.
How we use data to better serve customers and make smarter business decisions will be essential to our success over the next ten years. You can be at the heart of it all.
Our Underwriting and Risk Management teams are crucial to the services we provide to our customers. Join us as an Apprentice via this route and you will get to learn from some of the most skilled insurance professionals in the industry.
Customers contact us for all sorts of reasons, and we’ll teach you how to take care of them all. A career with us here is all about building strong and trusted relationships. So if you’re a real people person, this could be the perfect path for you.
Our apprenticeships are based in some of the UK’s most vibrant cities, all of which are great places to live and work. Find out more on the specific programme pages.
Who better to give you the low-down on what life as an Aviva apprentice is like, than the people who have been there and done it for themselves? You’ll meet some of our apprentices on the programme pages.
If you’re thinking about applying for one of our apprenticeships, we’re sure you have a lot of questions. Below are the most common questions we’re asked by people applying to our programmes. We hope the responses give you the information you need.
In short, a brilliant mix of real-life experience and study. Spending part of your time working and learning on the job, and the rest studying for professional qualifications (paid for by us), an Aviva apprenticeship offers a perfect step into a new career.
There are so many! With an apprenticeship, you have the chance to gain professional qualifications (some to degree level), while getting invaluable hands-on experience, and earning a salary as you do. And as they’re open to people of all ages, they’re a fantastic way for anyone to enter a new career.
As you’d expect, this varies between our apprenticeships but typically you will spend 80% of your time on the job, with the other 20% of your working week dedicated to your studies. You’ll find details on each of the programme pages.
Our apprentices are permanent right from day one. When your apprenticeship comes to an end, you’ll have professional qualifications relevant to your role, which you can continue to build on. You may decide you want to go on to study for another apprenticeship at a higher level, or you might want to take a breather from formal learning, either way we will work with you to help you decide on your next steps.